Can you watch YouTube on Peloton bike or tread? The Answer is Yes. You can watch Youtube and download Youtube App on Your Peloton Bike and Tread. Naturally, This functionality isn’t apparent on your Peloton screen. Nevertheless, this does not mean that it is impossible to watch YouTube on Peloton. There are a few tips on the tablet that could just get you streaming directly on the Bike or Tread.
How to Watch YouTube on Peloton
You can stream Peloton directly on your tablet by getting to the Peloton developer mode. Alternatively, you could download Youtube on your Peloton touchscreen. Really? Then let’s cut the chase;
Method 1: Use WebView Browser
- First, get into your Peloton account, and select the three dots at the bottom right-hand corner, which normally lead you to the bike or treadmill settings.
- This time, select About, which is at the bottom of the screen. Then, click on the tab, and you will get your bike information displayed.
- Tap on the blank space beside the equipment information seven times.22.214.171.124.5.6.7. Ensure that you tap rapidly before stopping, and try again if the first time doesn’t work. Remember, it is a trial and error procedure, so don’t give up yet.
- Your success will bring you to a whole new world on the Peloton bike or Tread that you never knew existed. But, of course, all the Android features will be available on a typical Android device.
- A green WebView Browser Tester is our concern, so click on it.
- You will see a web browser opening up, giving you an opportunity to type in a URL of your choice. For example, enter YouTube.com on the search bar and hit search in this case.
- Watch any movie, sitcom, music, video, or comedy that gets you busting your ass on your bike or treadmill while your mind enjoys elsewhere.
Method 2: Download Youtube App on Peloton bike and Tread
Being an Android device, you can reap all the benefits that Android has to offer on your Peloton tread or bike tablet. This includes downloading apps supported by Google Play Store. But Peloton does not have a Google Play Store option, so what then?
There are third-party app downloading options for Android Operating System. Among them is the APK, which stands for Android Application Package. And it indeed comes with quite a package.
So, you will need an APK website on your Peloton device in order to allow for YouTube download. However, you cannot download third-party apps on Peloton in its default mode, and most especially not APK.
So, How to Install APK on Peloton?
- First off, click on the three dots at the bottom right-hand corner, from where you access the Peloton settings.
- Here, select the bottom option, About, which will lead you to your Peloton bike or treadmill information.
- Tap repeatedly on “build number” until it says you are a (developer).
Unlock the Developer Access, and select Security, which further has Settings. In the settings, enable the Unknown Sources option, which will allow the installation of other apps.
- Now, again go to the default Peloton setting by tapping at the bottom right-hand corner, where a Peloton icon will show.
- Again, tap on the About option in Settings. It will take you to your bike information.
- Next, tap on the blank space rapidly seven times, and several Android apps should appear. Here, click on the WebView Browser Tester, and you will get to browsing options.
- Type in any APK website like (www.apkmirror.com) of your choice for download options.
Now Download YouTube App on Peloton Bike or Treadmill
With the APK website in place, you can easily access YouTube for download. The process is even more straightforward;
- Simply click on the Apps option, and search for YouTube.
- Then, click on the YouTube app and tap the download option.
How do you access YouTube App on your Peloton bike or Tread?
Once you download the Peloton app into your Peloton tablet, it is time to install it into the system;
- Select About in the settings menu, and you will get the bike or treadmill information.
- Click on the blank space rapidly seven times, and this time you will see a downloads icon appear.
- Click on the downloads and select the YouTube app for installation.
What is APK?
According to pcmag, (Android application PacKage) An application file ready for installation in an Android device. The compressed APK file, which is a ZIP archive in the JAR format, is distributed to Android users for installation in their smartphones and tablets.
Is apk safe for Android?
According to makeuseof, the APK files install apps on your system, they can pose a serious security threat. A person will malicious intentions could modify the APK before you install it, then use it as a digital Trojan horse to install and run malware.
Thus, you need to ensure that the site you use is reliable.
Can You Track Your Metrics While Watching YouTube on Peloton?
Unfortunately, you have to choose between your Peloton class with metrics and a free ride with YouTube. Quite a difficult choice, right? But I found this to work; since the Peloton all-access membership allows you a free pass in the digital app, you can download a Peloton digital app on your phone.
Then, you will log into the Peloton app and connect your heart rate monitor to the phone, iPhone or another device that you have. The heart rate monitor connection will help get your metrics into Peloton, and it will count on your rides or runs on the equipment.
And, you will still be on YouTube for a merry time combined with a heated Peloton workout.
How to Watch YouTube on Peloton Without Subscription
When I changed my Peloton bike, I wanted to try some crazy but cool ideas on my old Peloton bike tablet. However, I had already logged out of my account, which meant that none of the above procedures was workable for either a YouTube ride. But then I came across this amazing idea with the process below;
- Firstly, connect your bike via a wireless network (Wi-Fi) at the top right corner.
- Then go to settings Which is at the top right-hand corner; you will get the Settings option, then click on Device Settings.
- Click on “About tablet” and a pop-up on the Legal Information of the bike or treadmill will appear; tap on “Legal Information”.
- Then, click on any part of the pop-up (select one of these _ homepages), introducing another pop-up.
- Web Browser option will appear. Tap on the browser option and enter Youtube website URL.
Can You Get Back to Peloton Class After Browsing YouTube on Peloton?
Definitely! While you cannot stream your Peloton classes while on the Peloton YouTube mode, you can decide to switch back to class. It takes slightly more than a couple of seconds, and with your motivation in place, you can take in some instructor motivation.
Does Peloton have YouTube Streaming Options?
No, Peloton does not have YouTube streaming options, at least not at its default settings. The reason behind this is to allow the users to concentrate on their workouts and instructors. Peloton believes that the undivided attention during class will give optimal output during the class. Furthermore, as the articles and instructors will mostly comment, you can watch Netflix and be happy after the classes.
Exploring the Peloton bike or tread for more satisfaction gets better with curiosity. And with a way to get around how to download or stream YouTube on Peloton bike and Tread, nothing feels like a better achievement. Most amazingly, you can always go back to the Peloton default settings at will to ensure the safety of your tablet.