Orangetheory Fitness has amazing and effective high-intensity classes whose calorie-burning impact goes beyond the class. Even better, the classes are all full-body, and they combine cardio exercises with strength training.
However, sometimes you just want to give it a break, probably because you want to try something new, are going on maternity leave, or are moving out of your current location, among others. If you’re in this situation, you may be wondering how to cancel your Orangetheory membership. In this article, we’ll provide some tips and guidelines to help you navigate the cancellation process and end your membership with Orangetheory.
Orangetheory Membership Cancellation Policy and Fee
In general, Oranegtheory requires that you give notice of your cancellation and proceed with the process 30 days before the effective date. Usually, this 30-day notice means you will pay for one more monthly subscription before the cancellation starts. Astoundingly, there are no cancellation fees at Orangetheory Fitness.
According to Orangetheory,
- Orangetheory Fitness offers a 30-day cancellation policy, unless otherwise stated in your Membership Agreement.
- To process your cancellation request, your account status must be active.
- In the event your account is frozen, the account must be reactivated before the membership cancellation request can be processed.
- Any membership payment set to occur within 30-days after receipt of your cancellation request will occur as scheduled.
- You will have 30 days from the date of your last payment to utilize any previously unused sessions.
- Any remaining sessions or promotional rates will be forfeited
Therefore, once you make your cancellation, you will just have to complete your remaining classes, and the auto-renews feature on your card stops.
How to Cancel Orangetheory Membership
Typically, there are different ways to cancel an Orangetheory membership, which actually works to the members’ convenience. Let’s discuss the different procedures;
- Cancel Orangetheory Membership in Person
- Call Your Home Studio To Cancel (By Phone)
- Cancel Orangetheory Membership Online
- Cancel Orangetheory Membership by Email
1. Cancel Orangetheory Membership in Person
You can always cancel the Orangetheory membership in person, which is actually my favorite and most assuring method. So, let’s see how you go about it;
- Go to your home studio to start the process. You can even use your after-exercise time to begin the process, which will save you time.
- Tell the customer service staff that you would like to cancel the membership. Obviously, they will ask why you want to leave and offer alternatives, especially if you have an expensive membership.
- Give them your reason, even if it means saying you will no longer manage the subscription or are just tired. Nevertheless, they will always respect your decision even if they are adamant.
- If the studio manager is available, you may be sent to his office to see him and discuss more with him. Explain to him your situation as well.
- The management will provide you with a cancellation form, which requests that you fill in your personal details. The details include your full name, address, contact number, and the last four digits of your credit card for OTF payment.
- Once you complete filling out the form, ensure that you request a copy of the same for your own security.
- Finally, follow up later to ensure that the cancellation is effective.
4. Call Your Home Studio to Cancel
If you are too far from your studio to cancel your membership in person but want a quick process, you can use the phone to cancel the membership.
Find Your Local Studio Phone Number
How to cancel Orangetheory membership by phone?
- First, ensure that you have all your membership information with you, especially the membership number and last four digits of your Orangetheory membership credit card, which you may not remember in an instant.
- Then, get your home studio phone number, and call to start the cancellation process.
- The associate whom you talk to will ask about your name, age, contact number, home address, email address, and last four numbers of your membership credit card.
- They will also ask questions such as why you have to cancel your membership and even make you better offers from their package options. Actually, they even ask if it would work for you to pause the membership instead of canceling it.
- Confirm that you are ready to cancel your membership, and they will process the cancellation for you.
- They will also confirm with you the cancellation process.
- Lastly, request an email with the cancellation document for your record.
3. Cancel Orangetheory Membership by online (Orangethery website)
Can I Cancel My Orangetheory Membership Online? It is possible that you can cancel your Orangetheory membership online. You may be able to cancel your membership online through the Orangetheory website.
To cancel your Orangetheory Membership through the online , please follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.orangetheory.com/en-us/cancellation-information
- Click the option below that wrote (No, I’d still like to cancel my membership and accept the 30-day cancellation notice.)
- Then click one of the option from two (Did you purchase your Orangetheory Membership online?)
- Then fill up all information
- Click “ Submit my cancellation request “
Note: Please be aware your home studio will need to contact you to verify your membership & cancellation request.
3. Cancel Orangetheory Membership by Email
Orangetheory incorporation does not recommend canceling membership via email. This is understandable, given the many emails they must receive in a day. However, this would result in your email getting lost in their email archives.
Find Your Local Studio Email Address
However, individual studios may be comfortable with emails and even encourage members to cancel or communicate via email to their studio address. In this case:
- Type down your cancellation request letter, and include personal information such as; full name, current address, email address, phone number, membership ID, date of birth, and last four digits of the credit card you use in Orangetheory subscriptions.
- Then, send the email to your home studio’s recommended email address.
- Wait for an email confirmation, which will ask whether you truly want to cancel your membership. Confirm the cancellation decision.
- Then, your Orangetheory studio will send you a cancellation form. So, print it, fill in the requested personal details, and scan and send the document back to the studio.
- Finally, you will receive an email confirming your cancellation, effective 30 days from the day of receipt. If you don’t get the email, follow up with customer care to know your cancellation status.
What To Do After Canceling Your Orangetheory Membership
After canceling your Orangetheory membership, ensure that you confirm that the cancellation is actually effective.
Obviously, the following month’s subscription will still be in effect, but that is the last time you will pay for the membership. However, it is always advisable to check on the next payment as to whether there are any more costs. There shouldn’t be any, so you should consult your studio in case of any Orangetheory costs afterward.
After your last month working out at Orangetheory, ensure that you have a different workout program, even if it is at home. This will help ensure that your health and fitness progress does not regress after Orangetheory.
The good news is that you must already own an Orangetheory Fitness heart rate monitor, which is amazingly accurate and high-quality. Most importantly, it easily syncs with all Bluetooth devices, which makes it a catch for other fitness apps. Therefore, starting your next fitness journey after OTF will have a starting point already.
Can You Pause Oranegtheory Fitness membership instead of canceling it?
Yes, Orangetheory Fitness allows you to pause your membership for a particular duration, say three months, instead of canceling the membership. However, there are costs associated with pausing the membership every month, unlike canceling the membership altogether.
Does Orangetheory Give Refunds After Cancellation?
No, it doesn’t. Orangetheory does not offer any refunds after cancellation. Actually, you will have to pay an extra month’s subscription after canceling your membership. Also, you cannot return the Orangetheory heart rate monitor for refunds because it is not allowed.
Can I Return Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor After a Cancelled Membership?
No, you can’t return the Orangetheory heart rate monitor after the membership cancellation. On top of that, if you bought the heart rate monitor, then it is yours to keep. This actually works in your favor since the heart rate monitor syncs with other fitness apps. Besides, you can sell it as a used OTF heart rate monitor if you don’t intend to use it later.
If I cancel my OT membership is my heart rate monitor pretty much useless? Can I use it with another app? Can I still see results on the OT app?
You can use it with the at-home workouts or ANY workout. I’ve used it during jumping rope, outdoor running, etc. And you can still see the results, just as you would after an OTF class. Also, I have the Garmin Vivoactive 4S watch, which has a way of linking to the OT heart rate monitor.
Read Also: How to Cancel Orangetheory Class? (Policy & Fees)
Orangetheory Fitness has a surprisingly easy cancellation policy and procedure. The only downside, really, is that you will have to wait 30 days for the cancellation to take effect, during which you will definitely pay an extra month’s subscription.
That aside, there are no fees associated with canceling an Orangetheory membership. Also, you can either cancel by phone or in person, or you could check if canceling by email is allowed in your home studio.