Of course, it does! If you already have an Orangetheory heart rate monitor, you can connect it to your Peloton bike, treadmill, rowing machine or digital app. The Orangetheory heart rate monitors feature Ant + and Bluetooth, hence compatible with Peloton.
As a whole, Peloton allows users to choose a heart rate monitor, whether Peloton or non-Peloton. The only requirement is that the HRM is Bluetooth or Ant + compatible. And what better way to utilise this freedom than to strap up with the impeccable Orangetheory heart rate monitor you used for OTF classes?
Which are the Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitors?
Orangetheory Fitness (OTF) has unique heart rate monitors that are custom-made to connect to Orangetheory workouts. The workouts are heart-rate based, with heart rate zones dictating how much one exercise in class.
These heart rate monitors are;
- OTBeat Burn (armband)
- OTBeat Flex (armband)
- OTBeat Core (chest strap)
Most people who attended Orangetheory classes before still have these heart rate monitors since they are almost the only ones compatible with Orangetheory (other than the Apple Watch). Others have bought used OTF heart rate monitors, given their outspoken performance and durability.
The good news is that the heart rate monitors are actually compatible with other fitness apps that are non-Orangetheory.
What is So Good About Orangetheory HRM?
Orangetheory heart rate monitors have a number of advantages over other heart rate monitors;
- Their accuracy level is highly commendable.
- The OTF heart rate monitors are designed to track heart rate zones, which allow members to know when to push and when to be consistent in exercise intensity.
- The heart rate zones in Orangetheory match the Peloton heart rate zones; hence the heart rate monitors are perfect for Peloton HRZ exercises.
- Most Orangetheory heart rate monitor owners still use them or resell them as used due to their high quality and durability.
- They are suitable for Peloton and Orangetheory, hence excellent for users with both memberships.
How to Connect Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor to Peloton Bike
You can either connect the OTF heart rate monitor to Peloton via Bluetooth or ANT +. However, regardless of the type of connection you use, ensure that the heart rate monitor is charged before use.
How to Connect OTF Heart Rate Monitor Using ANT +
Primarily, it is easiest to connect the heart rate monitor to the Peloton bike using ANT + connectivity;
- Put on your OTF heart rate monitor, and wet the sensors for seamless connectivity.
- Once you start a class, your heart rate will appear at the top of the tablet, showing apparent connectivity.
- Enjoy the OTF HRM -Peloton connected class!
How to Connect OTF Heart Rate Monitor Via Bluetooth
On the other hand, you may need a few seconds to connect the heart rate monitor via Bluetooth;
- Go to Settings on the Peloton touchscreen and enable Bluetooth if it is off.
- Next, wear your OTF heart rate monitor and wet the sensors, which help connect and pick the heart rate or pulse rate.
- The heart rate monitor should connect within no time, and this will show on your touchscreen.
You can also connect your heart rate monitor directly as follows;
- As usual, start by putting on the OTF heart rate monitor.
- Next, join a Peloton class, scheduled or on-demand.
- Then, navigate to the heart rate monitor modal at the top of the touchscreen, and connect the heart rate monitor.
How to Connect Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor to Peloton App
The Peloton digital app is accessible via iOS and Android devices;
How to Connect OTF Heart Rate Monitor to Peloton App on iOS;
On your Apple device;
- For new users, select Enable Bluetooth on your app and click on Ok to allow for Bluetooth Permissions.
- For existing users, go to the More tab, then select the heart rate monitor option. Then, select the Enable Bluetooth option and click Ok to enable Bluetooth Permissions.
- Next, the heart rate monitor will pair up anytime you log into your profile with your OTF monitor.
When using the Apple TV;
- First, power on the TV, then select the Peloton app and log into your account.
- Go to the class details and click on the heart rate monitor icon (heart).
- Click on the prompt message for Bluetooth Permissions, then click Allow to accept the changes.
Once you connect the Oranbetheory heart rate monitor once, it should auto-connect in the subsequent times as long as you don’t log out.
How to Connect OTF Heart Rate Monitor to Peloton App on Android
Here is the process for Android device users;
- For new users, select Enable Location, then click on Allow, which will ensure that the heart rate monitor can find the device. For existing users, click on the More section, then select Peloton Heart Rate Band. Select Enable Location, followed by Allow for heart rate monitor detection.
- Next, select Bluetooth in Settings, and Enable it to start the pairing process.
- Then, log in to your Peloton account, and the heart rate monitor will pair immediately.
Even better, the Orangetheory heart rate monitor will connect automatically whenever you log into the Peloton account on your Android device.
Does Orangetheory heart rate monitor work with other apps?
Yes, it works with other apps that are not Orangetheory. The Orangetheory heart rate monitors use Bluetooth and Ant + as the connectivity mechanisms, which are also compatible with other apps.
Is Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor Ant +?
Yes, it is. And the best part about the Ant + heart rate monitors is that they connect to compatible devices automatically, without any connectivity process at all.
What are Heart Rate Monitors Compatible with Peloton?
Peloton is compatible with all heart rate monitors that are Bluetooth and Ant + compatible, regardless of the brand.
Peloton uses Orangetheory heart rate monitors since they are Bluetooth and ANT + compatible. Therefore, you can take advantage of all the other unique features that the OTF heart rate monitors bring on board for your indoor exercises.